This a little new work, titled” Tin can, rusted”, 5″ x 7″, mounted on stretched canvas. It is for sale for $30 in my etsy shop.
Now for the quick departure. Both of my sisters, prague and provo, blogged about the following questions, and I found their answers surprising and interesting.
1. What book have you read the most times in your life?
2. What movie/tv episode/whatever as long as it’s a video of some sort have you seen the most times?
3. What person do you talk to the most?
1. I really love reading non-fiction and arty things, so fiction and reading a book cover to cover takes a back seat. Currently on my bedside table is a gift from my sis-in-law, Color: A Natural History of the Palette by Victoria Finlay. I think most read book hails from younger years. I’m pretty sure it’s Cheaper by the Dozen, by Ernestine Gilbreth Carey and Frank B. Gilbreth. A very funny book. If it was which “author” have you read the most times, it would definitely be Dick Francis.
2. As my linguist sister noted, The Philadelphia Story is a movie I saw so many times as a kid that I have the words memorized. However, as an adult, I often keep the tv/movies on while quilting and making art. I don’t “see” a lot of the movie, but I hear the words and music over and over. I get stupid every time The Italian Job is on tv, and can’t turn it off, so I’d have to say it’s a huge contender. As my husband says, “You love a good caper.” However, for the lifetime win, I’m going to give my full vote though to Grease, for most watched. It’s classic. I do have a feeling Dr. Horrible’s Sing Along Blog will top the charts one of these days though.
3. If talking on the phone counts, then my other half, who is only half here.